If you’re reading this, then you’re not on the river, which can only mean one thing…you’re DREAMING about being on the river! The only thing better than daydreaming about your next rafting adventure is actually planning it, but until then, we have a few favorite ways to help tide you over until your next raft trip.
- Make a slideshow with all of your photos to watch with your friends/family/pet to reminisce about how much fun you had on your last trip! In addition to looking at your own photos, check out some of ours! https://www.instagram.com/hellscanyonraft/
- Watch rafting videos! There’s no better way to hype yourself up for your next watery vacay than to imagine yourself sitting in the boat, enjoying your surroundings and anticipating the next wave train to come splashing your way! Check out our YouTube channel and subscribe to start, but in case there are too many choices, here’s our favorite!!
- Watch a movie that features rivers! This one can get a little weird if you’re not careful (um, Bird Box anyone????), but there are some truly wonderful river-featuring films to be enjoyed out there. A few of our recommendations are below:
- The family friendly animated crowd-pleaser: The Good Dinosaur It’s kid-friendly, promotes river safety and features dinosaurs…sounds like a no-brainer choice to us!
- For fly-fishing-early-nineties-Brad-Pitt-loving folks: A River Runs Through It
- A documentary for the environmentalist in us all: DamNation The cinematography alone will give you goosebumps.
- For fans of 80’s music: White Water Summer A late eighties classic that’ll make you thankful we don’t employ Kevin Bacon as one of our guides!
- The one you can’t beat: The African Queen Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn will remind you why this classic holds up against the test of time!
- Sleep to dream about it. Download a white noise app on your phone and set it to river sounds to help imagine yourself falling asleep alongside the relaxing sound of the water rushing downstream nearby.
- Go ahead – just plan your next trip! As 2023 begins to wind down, we’re already looking ahead to 2024! We’re here and ready to talk to you about your dream raft trip in 2024. Family-friendly trip for the kiddos?? Covered. Bachelor blow-out weekend before the big “I-do”?… also covered! Tell us your needs and let us figure out how we can knock your next river trip out of the canyon!
- Sourdough starter
- Mix a good heap of sourdough starter in a big bowl
- a couple eggs
- a pinch of salt
- a spoonful of sugar
- a small pile of soda that fits int he palm of your hand
- a gulp of oil
- mix well
- cook dollar sized cakes
Watch our Pancake flipping Youtube video for inspiration! https://www.youtube.com/shorts/c8kkTPY_na0